Wednesday

Butter Toffee


This has to be one of the easiest candies ever.

4 ingredients and SUPER DELICIOUS! Sweet, crunchy, buttery and chocolatey.

I've been making this recipe for 20 years and counting. It just screams Christmas and it's great for gift giving!

I guess, if you wanted, you could use almonds and call it Almond Roca, I've just always made it with pecans, man. I have used different chocolate though, chips work great. Next time I may have to make it with some dark chocolate, like Ghirardelli. Yum.

Make sure you get the chopped nuts down before you start the toffee. 
Your pan will need to be ready. Speaking of pans, isn't mine great? 

I had some leftover dark brown sugar. I think I like it better than light brown sugar, deeper flavor.

Spread it out immediately after pouring into the pan. It starts to set fast.

Put the chocolate on while it's still warm. I just smear it around with my finger.


Perfectly delicious!

How cute is this! I do so enjoy all my holiday towels. They make me smile.


The chocolate will firm up, I just didn't have that kind of time. I guess it actually doesn't take that long, I just didn't want to wait.


Butter Toffee


1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 Chocolate Bars (I used Hersheys)

Butter a 9x9 baking dish or that size on a baking sheet and sprinkle on 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans.

Melt the butter in a large saucepan; add sugar and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to 290*, or if you don't have a candy thermometer, boil for 12 minutes.

Pour over the nuts, spread out in a sheet to cover. When set but still warm put the chocolate bars on top and spread as chocolate melts. Sprinkle on remaining nuts. Cut or break into small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment