Wednesday

Chicken, Sausage and White Bean Chili


I've had the hardest time lately, actually since the first of the year, wrapping my head around my menu planning. It seems harder that usual for some reason. But, if this recipe is any indication, 
I think the struggle may be over!

Yesterday I made this chili. It turned out so good. 
It's kinda like White Chili or Green Chili, but not.

I used Rotel tomatoes and green taco sauce (tomatillo sauce) in it, 
and served it up with some Skillet Cornbread. Really tasty. 
All the family thought it was a huge hit. 
Definitely a keeper.

Personally, I felt near perfection was achieved.
You really should give it a try for yourself.




Chicken and Sausage White Bean Chili

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 boneless chicken breast halves, diced
14 oz Turkey Smoked Sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
1 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp chili powder
3 large bay leaf
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Dash cayenne pepper
2 cans (about 16 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, drained
1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa, I used Ortega Green Taco Sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1 10 oz can Rotel (tomatoes and green chilis)
½ cup beer
Toppings of your choice

Preparation:
In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, diced chicken, sausage and garlic; stir to coat. Add the cumin and the next 5 ingredients; sauté until onions are tender and chicken is cooked through. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 20-30 minutes.

Finish it off with toppings of your choice. I used a little white and cheddar cheese, some raw onions, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment