Thursday

Grilled Teriyaki Tuna Salad

Salads for lunch are one of my favorite things. 

I eat them a lot, so I try to keep it interesting.


I found this one lone tuna steak in the back of my freezer and figured, yep, how perfect on a salad. Especially if I caramelize some Teriyaki sauce on the outside.

Then I took it one step farther, and mixed up a Teriyaki dressing to drizzle over it. 
All I can say is, wow...so good. 

The salad is just made with whatever lettuce and vegetables you want. 

I didn't measure the dressing as I made it, but I think I got the measurements pretty close. 
Just do whatever tastes good to you.




Light, healthy and bursting with flavor.


Grilled Teriyaki Tuna Salad

Grilled Tuna Steak
Teriyaki sauce for cooking steak
Romaine
Red Pepper
Cucumber
Green Onion
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Garlic Teriyaki Dressing

For the dressing:
1 small garlic clove
1 heaping tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp teriyaki sauce, I used Kikkoman
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
Pepper
Pinch of salt, if needed

Heat skillet on medium heat; add olive oil. Season tuna steak with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook on first side for 4-6 minutes. Just before it’s time to flip over, lift it up and drizzle some bottled  teriyaki sauce under it, set it back down and let the sauce caramelize. It only takes a minute. Turn the steak and repeat procedure. The steak should still be pink on the inside. How pink is up to you.  Don’t overcook it or it will get tough.  Cool slightly, cut up and add to salad and drizzle with dressing. Finish it off with some toasted sesame seeds.

For the dressing: use a microplane for the garlic. If you don't have one, make sure you mince it fine and give it a couple smashes with your knife. You want it to mix well through out the dressing. Next, just add in the rest of the ingredients, whisk, and enjoy.

2 comments: