Monday

Guacamole Taquero

Pin It

I made my version of Guacamole Taquero (taco shop guacamole) to go with the 
Carne Asada I made the other night.



Here's the deal. I really like tomatillos and love all the salsas and sauces I've made with them, so the thought of making guacamole with them, sounded delicious. 

It was good, but I was a little thrown by the tartness of the guac.

Don't let this put you off trying it. Like I said, it was good. I think if I make it again, I'll use 1 or 2 tomatillos instead of 4 or add a touch of honey.

Guacamole Taquero

4 tomatillos
Handful of fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, rough chop
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 small onion
1 tsp cumin
1 jalapeno, remove seeds if desired
2 avocado
Salt and pepper, to taste

Place husked and washed tomatillos in a blender or food processor and puree (no water is needed). Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment