Friday

Quinoa Artichoke and Tomato Salad

I've really been digging on quinoa lately.

Sometime ago, I read about how good it was for you, so I ran out and bought a box.
I put it in my cabinet and it sat there...and sat there...and sat there. 

Don't ask why it took me so long to try it, but once I did, I was hooked.


This salad is a great quick fix for a delicious lunch, and healthy too. You can eat it hot, room temperature or cold. I prefer room temperature, so any leftovers, I take the chill off in the microwave.

Linked with Addicted to Recipes: Scrumptious Sunday Link Party.
Pin It

Quinoa Artichoke and Tomato Salad

1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1 8 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp fat free Italian dressing
1 tbsp mayonaisse or miracle whip
Fresh chopped parsley
Salt and Pepper

Stir together quinoa (rinse if needed) and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15-17 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.

Meanwhile, place artichokes, tomatoes and parmesan into a large bowl. In another smaller bowl, stir together dressing and mayo.

Add warm quinoa to vegetables and stir. Pour in dressing mixture and toss to coat. Taste for salt and pepper then serve with parsley and more parmesan and pepper on top, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment