Saturday

Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed French Bread


I don't know if you remember me telling you about this bread, but I am finally getting 
around to posting it. Not that there's a lot to say about it.

It's a definite short cut and takes very little effort. That being said, the entire family 
loved it and it was perfect paired with the Turkey Paprikash.

I don't even have a recipe, per say, but I can tell you what I did.



I took a can of Pillsbury French Bread out of the fridge and flattened it out some. 
It actually would have been rolled out a bit more if I would have let it come to room temperature but I was too impatient to wait, so this was as rolled out as it got.


Then I spread it with basil pesto and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Mine were 
oil packed so I dried them off really well before I chopped them up. 
Also, make sure you leave room on all sides to seal it back up.


Next I just rolled it back up, pinching the seams and tucking under the ends. 
Sorry about the pictures, I'm using a new lens and have not figured out the settings 
yet. Plus, my kitchen walls just suck the light out of my kitchen but 
perhaps I'll complain about that another time.


I baked it on my stone following package instructions.


I also put several shallow slits along the top prior to baking.


And, waalah.....very tasty and effortless!


Linked with Weekend Potluck and Foodie Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment