Monday

Turkey Feta Meatloaf with Chipotle Glaze


I don't know about you, but I've become particularly fond of ground turkey.

I first started using ground turkey because it's a healthy alternative to beef, but now, 
it's because I just really enjoy the taste of it. 

I enjoy the  Turkey Feta Burger I make a lot, so I figured, why not a meatloaf. 
And that's how this happened. 


(Nice pan, right?) I covered the meatloaf with a simple Chipotle Glaze. 
All that goes into that is a few tablespoons of ketchup mixed with 
about a tsp of chipotle puree. 

Chipotle puree is something I keep in my fridge at all times. 
It's exactly as it sounds. I just puree a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in my food processor, and there you have it. Covered in the fridge, it keeps several months. 

I mix the puree with mayo, lime juice and some salt and pepper, and serve it has a 
spread for lots of different kinds of burgers, fish tacos and sandwiches. 


In fact, that's the way we ate this meatloaf. 


On buns with some of the chipotle/mayo spread I just talked about.  

Look at the feta, onions and peppers in this. So moist!!

I think adding dill pickle slices and some thinly sliced red onion would be really good.


Doesn't look like much but the flavor is out of this world. 
I would actually toast my bun with a little butter next time, but either way....delicious!

Turkey Feta Meatloaf with Chipotle Glaze

2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 lb ground turkey
2 eggs
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup Feta Cheese

Chipotle Glaze
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp chipotle puree

Heat oven to 350*.

Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion, red pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes until softened. Turn off stove and slightly cool.

With a fork, beat eggs and next 6 ingredients (not turkey) in a large bowl. Add turkey and reserved onion mixture. Using hands, mix just until combined; add feta and gently mix together. Put mixture into a 8x5 loaf pan and pat to smooth.

Mix 3 tbsp of ketchup and 1 tsp of chipotle puree and spread over top of turkey loaf.

Cook for 1 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment