Friday

Rosemary Chicken Burgers with Rosemary Oven Fries

Pin It


I still enjoy a big ole juicy burger made with ground beef, but I have definitely started to prefer either ground turkey or chicken.


I don't know if it's because, subconsciously I know it's better for me or what, 
all I know is, I be diggin-em.

I also enjoy thinking up all the different kinds of flavors you can add to them.

Loving rosemary like I do, this one was a no-brainer. It turned out really good. 

I especially liked the simple and delicious Island Spread I threw together to go on it.


I served the burgers with Rosemary Oven Fries.

Delicious and easy to make. 

Slice up some russet potatoes, put them in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let them soak for 15-20 minutes. Drain and rinse in clean water, drain well and spread them out on a kitchen towel, pat off excess water and let them dry. Once dry, put them in a large bowl, drizzle with about 1 tbsp of olive oil,  sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper, lots of fresh rosemary and a pinch of cayenne. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. 
I turn them over half way through cook time.


Rosemary Chicken Burger
Serves 4

1 lb ground chicken
2 tbsp olive oil, divided use
2 tbsp red pepper, minced
2 tbsp onion, minced
1 tbsp green onion, minced
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced fine
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper

Island Spread: Stir together 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp Thousand Island Dressing, 1 tsp lime juice, Pinch cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil.

Combine remaining tbsp of olive oil and all ingredients except chicken. Mix well; add ground chicken and form into 4 patties (mixture will be soft), and place directly into the prepared skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.

Serve on a toasted bun with Island Spread, avocado and onion.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, your recipes all look and sound amazing! I am so glad that you introduced us to your site! We have a link party every weekend and we would love to have you stop by and share your amazing posts with us! It starts every Friday at 8 PM (MST) and goes all weekend.
    Have a great Friday!
    Camille
    SixSistersStuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I have never made a chicken burger this elaborate. My chicken burgers pretty much consisted of me plopping a boneless chicken breast on the grill :p.

    ReplyDelete