Thursday

Banana Nut Bar with Cream Cheese Frosting

These have to be my 2nd favorite thing to eat that uses bananas, Banana Pudding Cheesecake and Traditional Banana Pudding being 1st and 2nd. Ok, my 3rd favorite thing.


 They're delicious eaten at room temp., but I actually like them even better chilled, 
right out of the fridge. Either way you want to enjoy them, you won't be disappointed. 


Linked with Weekend Potluck and Foodie Friday.


BANANA NUT BAR with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 very ripe bananas (1 1/2 c.)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Heat oven to 350*

Beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg then stir in milk, sour cream and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix together flour, soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Do not over mix. Smash up bananas, I usually just squeeze them in my hands, and stir in, along with nuts. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake 20-25 min. When cool frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.  

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1/2 c. butter
8 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 1/2 - 4 cups powdered sugar

Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Beat in vanilla, lemon juice and sugar to desired consistency.

I really like to eat these bars straight out of the refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh!! YuM! My bananas are starting to get ripe, I think I should make this!

    ReplyDelete